Santa Teresa Southern Railroad, LLC. (STS) is a shortline railroad located in Santa Teresa, NM. STS is a Handling Carrier for the Union Pacific Railroad and provides rail services to the Santa Teresa Intermodal Park. Santa Teresa, NM is positioned well for growth due to its proximity to the Santa Teresa, NM border crossing, excellent highway access to U.S. and Mexican destinations, IDI Gazeley's 1.300 acres of developable ground, and Union Pacific’s intermodal termindal 2 miles to the north. The Santa Teresa Intermodal Park offers opportunities for transloaders, manufacturers, or warehousing operations. State and local support from the Mesilla Valley Economic Development Association, and the www.NMBIA.org are available as well.
In the News:
April 23, 2013 - New Mexico Governor Talks jobs and growth in Santa Teresa
STS is a subsidiary of Ironhorse Resources, Inc. and is a sister company to:
- Caney Fork & Western Railroad: A shortline railroad based out of McMinnville, TN
- Gardendale Railroad, Inc.: A shortline railroad based out of Gardendale, TX
- Mississippi Tennessee Railroad: A shortline railroad based out of Middleton, TN
- Rio Valley Switching Company: A shortline railroad based out of McAllen, TX.
- Southern Switching Company in Abilene, TX
- Border Transload & Transfer, Inc.: A logistics solutions company operating in Las Cruces, NM and Donna, TX
- IHR Transport: An asset-based trucking company operating out of Donna & Houston, TX
- IHR Logistics, LLC: A truck brokerage company out of Houston, TX