Santa Teresa Southern Railroad, LLC. (STS) is a shortline railroad located in Santa Teresa, NM. STS is a Handling Carrier for the Union Pacific Railroad and provides rail services to the Verde Industrial Park. Santa Teresa, NM is positioned well for growth due to its proximity to the Santa Teresa, NM border crossing, excellent highway access to U.S. and Mexican destinations, Verde’s 22,000 acres of developable ground, and Union Pacific’s now under construction fueling and intermodal yards 2 miles to the north. The Verde Industrial Park offers opportunities for transloaders, manufacturers, or warehousing operations. State and local support from the Mesilla Valley Economic Development Association, and the www.NMBIA.org are available as well.
In the News:
April 23, 2013 - New Mexico Governor Talks jobs and growth in Santa Teresa
STS is a subsidiary of Ironhorse Resources, Inc. and is a sister company to:
- Caney Fork & Western Railroad: A shortline railroad based out of McMinnville, TN
- Gardendale Railroad, Inc.: A shortline railroad based out of Gardendale, TX
- Mississippi Tennessee Railroad: A shortline railroad based out of Middleton, TN
- Rio Valley Switching Company: A shortline railroad based out of McAllen, TX.
- Southern Switching Company in Abilene, TX
- Border Transload & Transfer, Inc.: A logistics solutions company operating in Las Cruces, NM and Donna, TX
- Border Transload & Freight Services, LLC: A trucking company operating out of Donna TX
- IHR Logistics, LLC: A truck brokerage company out of Houston, TX